Aussa is a Hot Mess. I don’t really think that, but she says so, so it must be true. She has a really neat job too. There’s something about searching into history trying to find who and where people came from that is very intriguing to me. Her site is very put together as well. I think we all could learn a little bit about organization from Aussa. Earlier I posted the foodie things that I dislike. Aussa’s post was about love so I’ve decided to go at it again from that direction. She also has these eyes. These eyes that could have a shade of blue named after them. Every time I see them I think of this song.
And now, 21 Foodie Things I Irrationally Love
1. Ritz crackers topped with peanut butter and a banana pepper ring
2. Cheese. You know what makes a burger better? Cheese. You know what makes chicken better? Cheese. You know what makes spaghetti better? Cheese. You know what makes cake better? Cheese. (I mean cream cheese frosting, or cheese cake. I’m not that much of a weirdo.) You know what makes soda pop better? Cheese puffs. Anything and everything can be made better with cheese. Thus concludes the longest answer of all time.
3. Coconut Water, specifically Taste Nirvana. I’ve tried other kinds, but they don’t really do it for me. Taste Nirvana is really tasty for some reason.
4. The fact that in almost every shot of Ocean’s Eleven Brad Pitt is eating something.
5. Smoked Oysters. You can thank my dad for this.
6. Peanut butter cookies, the simple kind. One cup of peanut butter, one cup of sugar and one egg. Mix, drop on cookie sheet, indent with sugar-coated fork (both ways, like a cross or and X) and bake until done.
7. Sardines and Kipper snacks. You can eat them on a pretzel, like they did in that Tom Hanks movie.
8. The way my cat magically turns into a dog every time I shake the treat bag.
9. Buttered Toast. I could live off of this stuff.
10. If the world were magically out of bread I’d have to go with Buttered Noodles. I could also live off of this stuff. Also, saying Buttered Noodles like a rapper sounds really cool. You just did it, didn’t you? Yo, Yo, Yo.
11. Spinach. Baby spinach can be used instead of lettuce on a burger or sandwich. Spinach enchiladas are really good too.
12. Box macaroni and cheese with tuna. My Canadian friends probably call this Kraft Dinner.
13. Sweet potato fries and honey mustard. How are these two things so delicious together?
14. Grilled cheese with tomatoes. It’s like a grilled cheese and tomato soup all in one.
15. Playing for Pizza by John Grisham. Did you know Grisham could write something that didn’t involve lawyers and judges?
16. Fish/Shrimp tacos. I’ve had them at On the Boarder, Taco Cabana and Fuzzy’s Tacos. I haven’t been let down yet.
17. Fat Head – the anti-Supersize Me documentary. This movie shows that as long as you’re not a complete moron you can still lose weight while eating fast food – every day.
18. I can use Hellman’s or Miracle Whip on a sandwich.
19. My favorite flavor of ice cream is vanilla. I do buy and eat others, but you can’t beat two scoops of the good old-fashioned kind.
20. Nasty Nachos. I’m not that big on ribs and other kinds of BBQ, but back home there’s BBQ place that sells Nasty Nachos. These are made with Spicy Doritos, your choice of shredded beef, pulled pork or chicken, nacho cheese, sour cream and jalapenos.
21. Top Ramen. I lived off of these things while in college. One would think I would grow sick of them, but no. You can get very creative with them too. Ramen Casserole, uncooked ramen noodles in a cold salad and cheesy ramen noodles.
Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves’ eyes. ~ Songs of Solomon 1: 15
Featured Image Credit: aussalorens.com