Turns out I have a catchphrase. I’m not sure how it came about, but it did nonetheless. A friendly neighborhood missionary was nice enough to point it out to me about a week ago. I was out with him and his companion, on our way to a lesson, when I needed to make a U-turn. (I’m sure it was a legal one.) Towards the end of this driving spectacle I worried about being able to make it without having to stop and back up. When this worry set in I exclaimed “Oh My Goodness!” I continued with said U-turn, without problem, other than having to hear the missionary call me out, poking fun. (and stuff)
I’ve been thinking about this since the incident, also noticing how often I actually say it. (It’s a lot) I started wondering what other occurrences would be deemed acceptable of my new-found catch phrase. This is what I came up with.
- When you see an ex Disney “Star” (which one doesn’t really matter) on National Television. Oh. My. Goodness.
- When the Drive-thru woman at Dairy Queen likes you and makes your Peanut Butter Bash extra special. Ohhhh myy (such) goooodness.
- When you’re on a topsy-turvy type of ride at the State Fair. Omigoodness! Omigoodness! Omigoodness!
- When you sneeze and fart at the same time. Ow My Goodness.
- Realizing that I need to eat better, in turn meaning less donuts. D’oh! My Goodness.
What are some phrases that you inadvertently say? Do you have a catchphrase?
Let’s not forget about Facebook or Twitter.
You can follow me @Bruddah_Jon
Or you can like my page on Facebook, Brother Jon