Last night I noticed that I haven’t posted anything during this week, and thought better change that. So, here we go.
- Two weeks ago I turned in my Letter of Resignation. This coming Monday I start training the new guy, and this will last for two additional weeks. My last day is August 30th. I will be moving to Texas sometime between the months of September and October. This is all I can divulge at this moment. Just know that I’m super excited…and you should be too.
- Last Thursday I was able to speak with my Bruddah on the phone. There’s this APP called Viber, it’s pretty cool. It allows your smart phone to make free phone calls and texts, as long as you have a signal. We only had about a two to three-second delay…which called for a lot of Freakin’ Hello’s from him, but it was cool. I plan on trying to call him again tomorrow. He’s working something like 14 hours a day, during the night shift. So, when you and I are visiting Wal-Mart to get frozen burritos and toilet paper – that’s the same time he’s available to talk.
- Today I’m going to be helping at a Ward Work Party. It’s called a Work Party because it’s going to be fun. Someone in our Ward (read: Church) purchased a house a few months ago. This place is a fixer-upper…so we are going to go over and help fix it up today. This guy is Retired-Army. He was a chef while he was in, so he is providing food for everyone. If you fry it, they will come.
- Tomorrow is Church, of course, but I also have a thing. I don’t think I can talk about the thing too much, but I’m supper excited for it. I can’t wait.
- Next Tuesday will mark my Two-Year Sober Anniversary. I have a post ready, that will be showcased on Black Box Warnings. I’m excited about that too. So many good things going on. I had some editing help from a special woman, who so happens to live in Texas. (Hint: It was Kessabug) I had over 25 rewrites, and I think the end product is going to be very good. I hope you all enjoy it. (I will remind you)
- I’m not sure if this counts, but the other day I had an e-mail exchange with a friend of mine where he told me that he had a dream that included David Harding, him and myself. We were all hanging out…in Australia, and getting along swimmingly. I suggested that it wasn’t so much a dream, but a premonition. I then proceeded to look at ticket prices to Australia and it may have to be just a dream… for now… but someday it will happen.
I think that is all I have for right now. I still need to catch up on those daily prompts, but I can do that later. Have a nice weekend everybody!
What’s been going on in your neck of the woods?