I haven’t really received that many blogging, so you’d think I’d be all over it when they do come in. Not the case. I have the memory of a turtle. (I don’t know what this means, but I said it once and someone laughed…so I’m keeping it.) I recently received the Very Inspiring Blogger Award from Maddie Cochere. This is the first time I’ve received this particular award, so I thank Maddie very much.
The rules for this award are as follows;
1. Display the award logo on your blog. Check
2. Link back to the person who nominated you. Check
3. State 7 things about yourself. Really?
Alright, here are seven things about me.
- I am deathly afraid of snakes and will freeze up if I run into one.
- I’m a dog person. I have a cat because I live in an apartment and I’m too lazy to take a dog out multiple times a day.
- My nickname at work (and with some friends and family) is PDJ, PD for short. This stands for Pimp Daddy Jon. I recently told Go Jules Go that “Mormons be pimpin’ too.” She made me promise to say this as often as possible in 2013. Three down so far.
- I don’t like playing video games, but I’m pretty good at them. I have a very addictive personality, so if I got into that habit I would be lost to the world.
- I think Gabriel Macht is a very underrated actor. Have you seen this guy? He’s totally handsome and has stood out, in my eyes, in most of the films I’ve seen him in. Check out Because I Said So, The Spirit, and American Outlaws.
- I could live off of Butter Noodles and homemade Quesadillas. Great, now I’m hungry.
- I’ve watched Pitch Perfect three dozen times since I bought it a little over a week ago. I think I have a problem and I’m currently seeking help for it.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them. Fifteen? I shall do my best. I’m going to try to give this to the most recent peeps I’ve found.
- Duck my Life..Stupid auto-correct
- Go Jules Go
- Creative Liar
- David Harding ‘R’ me
- Harper Faulkner
- Excitement on the side
- Hope for Heather
- 25 to Fly
- The Mercenary Researcher
- Broken Condoms
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements. All in due time.
So, there is award number one. Oh yeah, I have two of them to take care of today. Way back before Thanksgiving I received the Blog of the Year Award from Lily at Lily in Canada. Thank you Lily. I wonder how many times I can say Lily in one paragraph? Anyway, Lily is pretty awesome. If you don’t believe me just ask her…she’ll tell you. Won’t you Lily? (One more for good measure.)
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5. You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
The Award(s) Go To:
Broken Condoms – A mommy blogger for those that don’t want to read a mommy blog. (I think I stole that from you.) I was her Secret Santa this year during Festivus. I really enjoyed combing through a years worth of posts trying to figure out what to get her. It was amazing to see the change she went through and how much she grew over that year.
Mooselicker – I had a hard time getting into Tim’s posts at first, but now I don’t know what to do without them. His sometimes stream-of-conscious style of writing really draws you in, and I can appreciate how he isn’t afraid to say ANYTHING!
David Harding – He’s made me laugh from the moment I set eyes on his site. My first comment to him was “You had me at Nachos” and he said “I will write a post about nachos for you tonight”…and he did! We are BFF’s, and I think I fan girl over him more than La La sometimes. He’s super cute…almost as cute as Gabriel Macht.
The Roller Giraffe – RG is looking forward to 2013…like a boss. I don’t see how I can leave her out. I mean, she tackled the idea of Turkey Dinner Hot Pockets with unabashed glory. She has twins too. TWINS! With her boys and all the other problems she faced in 2012 she was still able to entertain us.
25 to Fly – I get genuinely excited every time I get an e-mail that tells me Becca has a new post up. She not only wears Long Jons™, but she also convinced Timmer to draw my likeness, with a pink mustache. She is proof that Gingers do have souls.
Sips of Jen and Tonic – Jen is pretty awesome. Not only did she partake in NaNoWriNO (a post a day for all of November) and the 12 days of Christmas, she is also the brains behind my short-lived Funny Dad Friday posts.
There are so many other people I could give this to, but space and time do not allow it. (Time to get that Tardis) I think I may do a Part 2 so I can add the rest of you beautiful people to the list. I hoped everyone had a great New Year. Here’s to 2013!!